Chairman of the Board
Barry Batcheller came to North Dakota from New York to study aerospace engineering and electrical engineering at North Dakota State University. He has more than 40 years of business experience and has been involved in the startup of six successful companies: IDA Corporation, Integrated Technical Systems Corporation, Phoenix International Corporation, Intelligent Agricultural Solutions LLC, AFS LLC, and Appareo Systems LLC. He has also served as director of technology growth at Deere & Co.
Barry holds more than 20 United States and foreign patents on control systems, instrumentation systems, and embedded mobile electronic devices, and has authored numerous technical papers on the use of electronics in agriculture. He has served on the boards of Xata Corporation, MeritCare (now Sanford Health), the ND Economic Development Foundation, and the Fargo-Cass County Economic Development Corporation. He is a past president of the NDSU Alumni Association Board of Directors and is currently serving on the boards of the NDSU Research and Technology Park and Amity Technology LLC. Barry serves on the Steering Committee of the Grand Farm Initiative.
- TechND Technology Champion Award 2018
- NDSU Heritage Award for Alumni Service 2018
- Chamber Choice Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2012
- Honorary Doctorate in Engineering from NDSU in 2010
- North Dakota Entrepreneur of the Year in 2006
- North Dakota Marketplace Entrepreneur of the Year in 2006
- Fargo Chamber of Commerce Small Business Person of the Year in 1995
- North Dakota Business Innovator of the Year in 1994