Can I use Stratus ESG’s WAAS GPS signal to feed other avionics such as a navigator or emergency locator?
No, the WAAS GPS position is only available to the transponder for ADS-B out purposes, and, if connected, a Stratus portable ADS-B in receiver.
Why is my Stratus receiver is reporting poor GPS accuracy when connected to Stratus ESG?
A firmware update may be required for the Stratus receiver to ensure data is reported properly.
Stratus Horizon Pro
Unless you disable the Auto-Download switch on the Firmware Update screen, the app will automatically check for firmware updates and download them when it is connected to the internet. To apply updates:
- Connect to the Stratus Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Stratus Horizon Pro app. A message will alert you that there is a firmware update available. Tap Yes.
- When the firmware update is complete, power off and power on the receiver.
- Go to the Stratus Status page.
- Tap Maps on the bottom navigation bar.
- Tap the settings icon at the top left of the screen.
- Tap the name of your Stratus receiver under the “Devices” heading to open the Stratus Status page. If the pop up menu says “Stratus Status” at the top, you are already on the Stratus Status page.
- See if there is a firmware update available under the top “Device” heading.
- Tap Tap to Update to install the update if one is available. If there is not an update, you will see your current firmware version.
How much does it cost to install Stratus ES/ESG?
The price can vary depending on your Appareo dealer and aircraft. Please contact your dealer directly for installation cost.
Does Stratus ES/ESG need to be installed by an Appareo dealer?
If you are installing your Stratus ES/ESG in a certified aircraft (i.e. under TSO or STC), it must be installed by an Appareo dealer. Additionally, having your Stratus ES/ESG installed by an Appareo dealer with give you the added benefit of a 2-year warranty on the transponder. This warranty cannot be offered if installed by a shop that is not an Appareo dealer.
Do I need to buy the Stratus portable connection kit with Stratus ES/ESG?
You may continue to use your Stratus portable receiver independently, but purchasing the connection kit will allow you to take the Stratus portable receiver off the glare shield or window and stow it out of the way when using the transponder. The portable receiver will use the aircraft’s mounted antennas for excellent GPS and ADS-B reception, and will be supplied power from the transponder.
Can I buy Stratus ES/ESG directly from Appareo?
What are the dimensions of Stratus ES/ESG?
Bezel Width: 6.38 inches (162 mm)
Bezel Height: 1.69 inches (43 mm)
Rack Width: 6.32 inches (160.4 mm)
Rack Height: 1.65 inches (42 mm)
Depth from back of bezel to end of strain relief on rack (not compensating for wire bend radius): 10.75 inches (273 mm)
My aircraft is equipped with a Stratus portable receiver and an approved ADS-B out transponder. Why do I not see traffic information displaying on ForeFlight Mobile?
Specific settings may need to be adjusted on your transponder to properly trigger, receive, and display traffic information. Contact your certified avionics technician for more information on adjusting these settings. If you have Stratus 1 you will only receive single-band 978 MHz traffic.
Make sure that you are running the latest version of ForeFlight Mobile. Next, connect to your Stratus portable receiver and check on the Stratus Status page in ForeFlight to ensure that the device is running on the latest firmware version. Firmware upgrades are done from the Stratus Status page by tapping on the firmware version. Finally, ensure the Traffic layer is turned on in ForeFlight.