READY FOR TAKEOFF
Stratus gives pilots easy situational awareness for an unbelievable price. It’s the simple-to-use, pocket-sized, portable wireless receiver that transforms your iPad into the ultimate flight tool. The newest model offers improved performance across the board, including better ADS-B reception, enhanced thermal capabilities, and a next generation power connector.
Stratus was designed for seamless integration with the industry-leading ForeFlight Mobile application. Pilots can view complete ADS-B information right from the moving map page.
Subscription-free in-flight weather
View in-flight weather on your iPad, including NEXRAD radar, METARs, TAFs, TFRs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, NOTAMs and more. And still no subscription fees—ever.
Stratus 2S includes a complete Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) for supplemental attitude information in the cockpit. It aligns itself automatically, so you can just turn it on and fly. Pilots who use ForeFlight’s Synthetic Vision will experience a visually stunning and high-performance hazard awareness capability.
Note: AHRS data provided by Stratus should be used for supplemental purposes only. Stratus is not certified for IFR operations.
Dual-band ADS-B traffic
Stratus 2S includes a dual-band (978 MHz and 1090 MHz) ADS-B receiver and displays traffic information right on the ForeFlight Mobile Maps page. See your aircraft’s relative altitude, climb/descent rate and projected track.
Even with all these features, Stratus remains totally wireless. With its 8-hour battery life, you can fly all day without bringing along a charging cable. Just turn on Stratus and go flying.
Notes & Product Specs:
- ADS-B coverage varies by location and altitude. View the ADS-B coverage map from the FAA.
- Stratus 2S is available to purchase from the Appareo Web Store.
- Stratus 1S is available for purchase from Sporty’s Pilot Shop.
- Current Firmware Versions: Stratus 2S v1.1, Stratus 1S v1.1
- Requires ForeFlight Mobile app.
- Requires an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Reference ForeFlight’s iPad buying guide to ensure your iOS device will be compatible.
- Comes with charging cable and 110V wall plug; charging cable works with all 2.0 amp cigarette lighter plugs as well. Also includes a cradle, RAM suction cup mount, carrying case and Stratus Pilot’s Guide.
- Physical Dimensions: 2.6″ w by 6″ d by 1.25″ h, weighs 9.7 oz.
MADE IN USA
Stratus products are built by pilots like you. They are designed, engineered, tested and manufactured in the United States.