Engineering, Manufacturing, and Technology for End-to-End Product Development
Appareo is a product development and technology company based in Fargo, North Dakota that specializes in software and hardware for industrial and commercial electronics. We research, develop, design, and manufacture tangible technology that utilizes AI, mechatronics, and innovative electronics designed to deliver exceptional customer value.
In the years since Barry Batcheller founded Appareo in 2003, we’ve remained committed to pushing not only ourselves, but the boundaries of what was previously thought possible to stay at the forefront of emerging technologies. We’re not afraid to tackle challenges in order to advance technology. With our in-house engineering, manufacturing, and technological capabilities, we offer a truly end-to-end solution — an efficient process that yields quality products.
Appareo is ISO9000-certified and AS9100-certified. View the certificate. In addition to our ISO/AS certification, we hold a number of other memberships and certifications:
- FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) Air Agency Certificate
- EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) Repair Station
- IPC (Institute of Printed Circuit)
- Surface Mount Technology Association
- Minn-Dak Manufacturers Association
- North Dakota Safety Council
- Aircraft Electronics Association – AEA Associate Member of the Year 2017
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers – AE50 Award for the Gateway 300 advanced computing platform 2017
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers – AE50 Award for Seed Hawk’s iCon wireless control system 2015
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers – AE50 Award for Seed Hawk’s precision seed meter 2015
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers – AE50 Award for CDS-John Blue’s liquid blockage monitor 2014
- Flying Magazine – Editors’ Choice award for the second-generation Stratus ADS-B receiver 2013
- Flying Magazine – Editors’ Choice award for the first-generation Stratus ADS-B receiver 2012
- Canada’s Farm Progress – Sterling Innovation Award 2012
- Inc. 500 Magazine – Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing private companies in the nation. Appareo was #159 overall and the #1 fastest growing engineering company in the country 2011
- National Business Incubator Association – 2010
- SAFE Association – M.P. Koch award, in recognition of those who have made significant contributions in the advancement of hardware for safety and survival applications 2008
- American Helicopter Association – Harry T. Jensen award for outstanding contributions to helicopter safety and reliability 2008
- Aviation Week & Space Technology – Product Breakthrough of the Year given to the ALERTS system 2007
Appareo Systems, LLC is dedicated to delivering defect-free, high value-add products on time to meet the requirements of our customers. The company is committed to its Quality Management System and Quality Objectives and will continually improve their effectiveness.
Learn more about our services:
Meet the Appareo Leadership.