Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) is a critical practice for any operation because the value of having flight performance metrics is very clear in reducing risk. FDM provides meaningful, manageable information that can be used to facilitate sound decision making for both day-to-day operations and long-term planning. Benefits include:
- Enhanced operational oversight.
- Risk identification and mitigation.
- Efficient allocation of safety and training resources.
Read more about the value of FDM:
- USHST Recommends FDM to Reduce Fatal Accidents
- USHST Determines Use of FDM Equipment Will Save Lives
- IHST Recommends FDM for Enhancing Safety in the Helicopter Industry